Engineering Team Lead, OANDA Platform, Kraków
Founded in 1996, OANDA became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge. In 2001 we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. We now offer several tools as part of our OANDA platform that are viewed millions of times per month by traders across the globe in search of opportunities in the financial markets.
We’re looking for someone with a keen interest in transforming data into usable insights to lead the development of our Labs product. You’ll be tasked with building an engineering team to create new tools and visualizations, while maintaining and scaling out existing popular services.
- Work closely with the product manager to ideate and prototype new concepts to include in the product
- Focus on delivery and ensuring top-priority projects are completed on-time and of the highest quality
- Ensure high product quality through code reviews and automated tests to increase confidence in releases
- Be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the health of trading services running in production (incidents, bugs, performance, etc)
- Inspire, guide, mentor a talented and eager team of engineers to ensure they grow and excel in their role
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience managing or mentoring engineers
- Experience with frontend development in React
- Thirst for knowledge, hunger to learn, and willingness to take on new challenges
- Positive attitude, desire to collaborate, and the ability to communicate effectively with others
- Flexibility in responding to shifting priorities
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Highly organized, with good written and oral communication skills in English
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.