Engineering Team Lead, Kraków
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
As a Team Lead, you will:
- Coach and mentor your team to design and develop scalable, responsive web applications based on React, Angular, and Python
- Provide application design and architectural oversight
- Oversee project timelines to keep key deliverables on schedule and to specification
- Improve team efficiency by identifying process bottlenecks and implement solutions
- Contribute to every stage of the software development life cycle
- Coach and mentor engineers of varying levels within your team for career development and progression
- Create and improve existing process and team documentation
- Guide the team in following design and coding best practices
- Organize on-call rotations and provide level 2 support when needed
- Improve time to market and self-serviceability of our web applications and external APIs.
- Build a team of high performing software engineers by utilizing your experience screening, interviewing, and growing an elite development team
- Build and maintain a long-term vision and technical roadmap
- Excellent communication skills across, up, and down a global organization
- Demonstrated ability to grow, develop, and mentor and motivate teams
- Demonstrated ability to partner with stakeholders, product and engineering teams
- 3+ years of software development experience in Python, React, AngularJS
- Efficient in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (such as Pyramid, Django, Flask, etc.)
- Strong Back-End/API development skills
- Experience working in and being a proponent of an agile development environment
- A solid foundation in Computer Science
- An understanding of fault-tolerant, resilient, and highly available applications
- Knowledge of SQL, data normalization, indices, and comfortable with complex joins
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with NGINX routing, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud AWS/GCP
- Experience migrating legacy monoliths into microservices
- Contributions to an open-source project (of any kind)
- An account on GitHub.com with samples of your code
- A small team of highly motivated and talented engineers.
- A friendly and collaborative company with an open office environment.
- An agile development shop in a growing, profitable company
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.