Engineering Team Lead (C++), Kraków
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
Talented Software Engineers are critical to OANDA’s business success: as a software company - our products are only as good as the people who create them. With that in mind, OANDA looks for highly intelligent, innovative, and dedicated technology professionals.
About the Team
We are an international team of Software Engineers, working with technologies such as C++ and Python to build solutions that would enable our customers to trade more effectively while improving profitability for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a small agile team building OANDA's core trading, hedging and execution services
- Collaborate with product managers and other teams in defining new features and product offerings
- Influence technical direction, choosing the best tools and approaches for the job at hand
- Ensure delivery of a high-quality end product, that is usable, performant, and maintainable
- Mentor team members, helping them succeed as developers and grow their careers
- Working within a Linux environment, you will research, design, test, implement, deploy, and maintain online and backend trading and data services infrastructure applications using C++ and Python.
- Work closely with OANDA’s business and technical leadership to understand business requirements, and will collaborate with development team members to design and write applications systems and programs.
- Broad experience in a software engineering role
- 2+ years in a team lead/ technical lead position
- A University degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field. A graduate degree would be an asset.
- Solid application development experience using C++
- Team orientation combined with the drive and ability to contribute at the individual level.
- Exceptional communications skills – both oral and written.
- Experience with UNIX / Linux operating systems.
- Relevant experience in the development of Internet-ready applications programs using Internet communications protocols (TCP/IP).
- Experience with CI/CD and deployment automation would be an asset.
- Developer experience with scripting languages such as Python would be an asset.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.