Data Architect, Kraków
OANDA is looking for a Data Architect to help reshape the culture of data throughout the organization. You’ll have the opportunity to transform the way our business teams, technical teams and applications communicate with one another through the common language of data, unifying our data models and driving the architecture of the next generation of our big data platform as we move fully into the cloud. You will drive strategies to democratize data and establish a data-first culture to supercharge our ability to make data-driven decisions at all levels of the enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply domain-driven design principles to create unified data models that standardize how data is produced, consumed and interpreted across the enterprise
- Enable data discovery through metadata management, establishing our data catalog, data dictionaries and business glossaries
- Create data vaults, data marts and semantic layers to target the unique needs of the different areas of the business
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all facets of OANDA’s business, analyze data requirements and provide data solutions to serve business and technology teams throughout the company
- Solve MDM challenges to ensure a consistent, accurate and verifiable representation of data across all of our systems
- Architect the underlying data transformations required for OANDA to integrate companies we have or may acquire
- Drive the migration from on-prem data systems to a cloud-native GCP architecture, building out our cloud data lake and data warehouse, while developing roadmaps and defining transitional states on the way to achieving long-term objectives
- Architect data pipelines through batch and stream processing techniques using technologies like Kafka, Google Cloud Dataflow and Mule to deliver data where it is needed, when it is needed
- Produce APIs with data models that allow our internal application teams, customers, regulators and third-party partners to effectively leverage our data
- Own data governance - ensure teams across the enterprise are meeting design standards for data security, privacy, quality, scalability, retention, extensibility and performance, and act as a leader within the organization in promoting best practices
- Assess, select and implement best-in-class tooling, applications and systems to support data technology goals
- Deep industry experience in data architecture, data strategy and end-to-end data management systems including hands-on implementations using appropriate tools
- Experience working with a variety of SAAS and third-party tools to manage data quality, profiling, governance, archival and accelerate the buildout of the cloud platform
- Deep industry experience in building and operationalizing public cloud data platforms, especially in Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in data API design
- Domain experience in forex or financial markets
- Experience with time-series databases like KDB to store tick data
- Experience in real-time, high-frequency trading platforms
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.