Data Architect, Kraków
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 24 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
OANDA is looking for a Data Architect to help reshape the culture of data throughout the organization. You’ll have the opportunity to transform the way our business teams, technical teams and applications communicate with one another through the common language of data, unifying our data models and driving the architecture of the next generation of our big data platform as we move fully into the cloud. You will drive strategies to elevate data democratization and leverage new data points to supercharge our ability to make data-driven decisions at all levels of the enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the migration from on-prem data systems to a cloud-native GCP architecture, building out our cloud data lake and data warehouse, while developing roadmaps and defining transitional states on the way to achieving long-term objectives
- Apply domain-driven design principles to create data models that standardize how data is produced, consumed and interpreted across the enterprise
- Work with business and technology teams throughout the company to analyze data requirements and provide data solutions
- Create data vaults, data marts and semantic layers to target the unique needs of the different areas of the business
- Solve MDM challenges to ensure a consistent, accurate and verifiable representation of data across all of our systems
- Ensure teams across the enterprise are meeting design standards for data security, privacy, quality, scalability, retention, extensibility and performance, and act as a leader within the organization in promoting best practices
- Assess, select and implement best-in-class tooling, applications and systems to support data technology goals
- Enable data discovery through metadata management, establishing data dictionaries and business glossaries
- Produce APIs with data models that allow our internal application teams, customers, regulators and third-party partners to effectively leverage our data
- Architect data pipelines through batch and stream processing techniques using technologies like Kafka, Google Cloud Dataflow and Mule to deliver data where it is needed, when it is needed
- Deep industry experience in data architecture, data strategy and end-to-end data management systems including hands-on implementations using appropriate tools
- Deep industry experience in building and operationalizing public cloud data platforms, especially in Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working with a variety of SAAS and third-party tools to manage data quality, profiling, governance, archival and accelerate the buildout of the cloud platform
- Experience in data API design
- Domain experience in forex or financial markets is an asset (but not a requirement)
- Experience with time-series databases like KDB to store tick data is an asset (but not a requirement)
- Experience in real-time, high-frequency trading platforms is an asset (but not a requirement)
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.