Data Analyst with Python, Kraków
OANDA is a global leader in online multi-asset trading services, currency data, corporate payments and FX services.
Everyone at OANDA is focused on our vision to transform how our customers can meet all their currency needs. From our roots in 1996 that provided free currency exchange information to launching a multi-award winning global FX and CFD trading business to our recent new venture of money transfer. OANDA is now a major global player.
Join us and:
- become a member of a small quant team that builds and prototypes complex models responsible for managing trading and risk management from a marketmaker perspective,
- have an ownership in managing the entire data lifecycle,
- be responsible for exploratory data analysis and visualisation tools, operating over a wide range of structured and unstructured data.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst with an experience in coding in Python. In this role you will design and build data pipelines which operate over extremelylarge datasets, combining traditional analytics and state of the art machine learning. We are always prototyping new technologies! Check the requirements and join us :)
In a Risk Team you will have the opportunity to work on:
- building and optimising data repositories, incorporating relational, column store, and NoSQL databases,
- engineering, automating and optimizing large scale compute pipelines, allowing for the analysis andtraining of models over huge datasets,
- developing and maintaining analytical libraries,
- supporting on-prem and cloud-based research infrastructure,
- exploring and creating new data analysis and visualisations, preparing dashboards and other ways todeliver research insights.
We work in a hybrid model - We'd love to meet you in the office (Cracow, Zabłocie) once a week with a respect to your own commitments.
- Minimum 1 year of demonstrated experience of developing and maintaining projects written in Python, includinglibraries such as numpy, pandas, matplotlib, etc.
- Practical understanding of databases and SQL.
- Unix platform experience.
- Thirst for knowledge, hunger to learn, and willingness to take on new challenges.
Following qualifications are beneficial:
- University degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, finance or a related field.
- Practical experience in coding in C++ or Rust.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform.
- An eye for graphical design and the visual display of quantitative information.
- Professional experience in finance markets.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Learn more about our culture here
Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube