Data Analyst, Toronto
We are OANDA:
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
- Do you want to work with great people in an energetic and open company culture?
- Do you want to make your mark with an Agile team that is re-shaping the future of analytics at OANDA?
- Are you passionate about finding efficient solutions to technical problems?
- Is data not just the answer, but the means to asking more questions to you?
If so, we want to hear from you!
- Is made up of both data scientists and data analysts, spanning the globe
- Has ownership over analytics company-wide
- Manages the entire data lifecycle from extraction to visualization
- Works in the Google Cloud Platform, SQL, Python and are always prototyping new technologies
In this role you will:
- Partner with a cross-section of the company including Strategy, Product, Customer Service, Marketing, Sales, Trading, Finance and Compliance, to answer high-level business questions and gain insights from the data you help to collect and manage
- Perform data analysis and modeling, create reporting and visualizations and educate the company on your findings
- Influence the company’s strategic direction
- Identify and apply statistical and advanced analytical methods with customer teams enabling action-orientated results
- Participate in planning sessions with key stakeholders, working with them to understand the business need and then developing actionable insights
- Leverage Big Data to answer strategic questions posed by the business
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be proficient in SQL
- Have basic proficiency in Python
- Be passionate about data and transforming it into actionable insights
- Be detail orientated and comfortable to get their hands dirty in the pursuit of the right answer
- Have a basic understanding of the Finance industry
- Have experience with enterprise business intelligence platforms such as Tableau, Domo or MicroStrategy, with Domo as an asset
Bonus points if you have experience with:
We Value Our People:
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.