Data Analyst, Kraków
We are OANDA:
We are an award-winning global financial services company offering leading currency solutions and online trading platforms for both retail and corporate clients. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their online trading and currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions.
Backed by one of the world’s largest private equity firms, with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic, start-up feel environment.
- Do you want to work with great people in an energetic and open company culture?
- Do you want to make your mark with an Agile team that is re-shaping the future of data and analytics at OANDA?
- Do you enjoy collaborating across different disciplines within a company to drive towards a common goal?
- Are you passionate about finding efficient solutions to technical problems?
- Are you curious about what makes a company succeed?
- Is data not just the answer, but the means to asking more questions to you?
If so, we want to hear from you!
In this role you will:
- Partner with a cross-section of the company including Strategy, Product, Customer Service, Marketing, Sales, Trading, Finance and Compliance, to answer high-level business questions and gain insights from the data you help to collect and manage
- Perform data analysis and modeling, create reporting and visualizations and educate the company on your findings
- Influence the company’s strategic directions by driving data driven decision making across the organisation
- Identify and apply statistical and advanced analytical methods with customer teams enabling action-orientated results
- Participate in planning sessions with key stakeholders, working with them to understand the business need and then developing actionable insights
- Create rapid prototypes with team members leveraging Big Data, traditional database technologies and alternative solutions
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about engineering an efficient solution to a technical problem
- Be able to translate complicated business requests into actionable and understandable data insights
- Have a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or related subjects
- Have significant experience working in both SQL and Python
- Have experience working within Finance or FinTech industries
- Have worked in, and with, Google Cloud/BigQuery/BigData or other cloud technology as an asset
- Have worked with enterprise business intelligences platforms such as Tableau, Domo or MicroStrategy, with Domo as an asset
- Is a cross-functional Data team made up of data scientists, data and software architects, software engineers and data analysts spanning the globe
- Has ownership over data company-wide, from analytics to global business reporting, compliance reportings and any other data inquiries
- Manages the entire data lifecycle from extraction to visualization
- Works in the Google Cloud Platform, SQL, Python, Java, C++ and are always prototyping new technologies
We Value Our People:
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.