Corporate Paralegal (Maternity Contract), Toronto
Assist lawyers by managing documentation and corporate governance matters, preparing legal documents, and researching legal issues. Assist with general management and organization of a global and multidisciplinary legal team.
This is a Maternity Contract covering 1 year in duration. Extension may be possible.
- Legal Research - Conduct legal research related to laws and regulations relating to OANDA’s business and provide analysis and recommendations based on that research.
- Contracts and Corporate Governance - Carry out contract negotiation and organization, as well as corporate governance support tasks.
- Document Preparation - Organize and prepare complex documents using a variety of computer applications.
- General Legal Team Management - Perform tasks as needed to organize, support and manage aspects of a complex legal function.
- Manages Complexity - Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Ensures Accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, operates with a clear sense of responsibility; learns about, and adheres to, most policies, procedures, and work requirements. Takes steps to ensure work is done properly, communicates status, and addresses any errors.
- Communicates Effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. For example, listens attentively and takes an interest. Keeps others well informed; conveys information clearly, concisely, and professionally when speaking or writing.
- Plans and Aligns - Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Instills Trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity by consistently adhering to organizational policies and practices. Builds trust by honoring commitments and by being open and honest at work.
- Nimble Learning - Learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, showing a clear desire to learn and questions others to gain new knowledge.
- Verbal Communication - Uses clear and effective verbal communications skills to interact regularly with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Commercial Acumen - Applies understanding of the business environment and objectives to develop solutions without supervision, while also providing technical assistance when necessary.
- Planning and Organizing - Works without supervision to plan, organize and prioritize diverse and time-sensitive activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Policy and Regulation - Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to interpret and apply knowledge of laws, regulations and policies in area of expertise.
- Computer Skills - Supports business processes without supervision by understanding and effectively using standard office software packages, while providing technical guidance as needed.
- Paralegal studies and/or certification and/or demonstrated on-the-job paralegal training (of 3 to 6 years) preferred
- Experience with FX, derivatives and cryptocurrency trading from a commercial, legal and regulatory perspective a plus
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.