Billions of dollars worth of trading volume are transacted through OANDA’s platforms every day. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge. In 2001 we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Help structure our value proposition into key messages that can be tested on their ability to drive conversion.
This role will be responsible for creating compelling conceptual copy across a range of digital and offline channels in partnership with a designer. You will also write long form website copy when the need arises. Ours is a highly regulated environment so you will be responsible for ensuring that all copy is approved and conforms to local regulation. You will be part of a fast-paced, highly creative and focused team that is responsible for creating global marketing content for OANDA.
What you will do:
- Write with simplicity and power about financial derivatives, financial products or other complex and regulated products such as cryptos.
- Translate complex information into simple, accurate, clear, consistent and compelling messages for prospects, clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Collaborate successfully with art director and designers to create storyboards and ad concepts.
- Clearly communicate key message and user benefits and create targeted content based on user segmentation and marketing funnels in some (to name a few) of the following canvases:
- Performance marketing optimised landing pages for A/B testing
- FB (paid & unpaid) and other social posts
- YouTube campaigns and videos (paid & unpaid)
- Infographics & animations
- Product marketing or CRM
- Print, from OOH to direct mail
- Go from marketing briefs all the way to delivery: challenge assumptions, ideate, manage cross-functional stakeholder feedback, develop concepts, bring them to life with clear and compelling writing, present them persuasively.
- Collaborate with local marketers to serve a global mass-market audience and localise benefits and tone with sensitivity and insight.
- Adapt to developing processes and systems that support efficient workflow on a global scale.
- Inspire, create, and sustain a culture of excellence through best practice, ideation, and copy execution.
- Deeply understand and empathise with the financial market audience and develop copy & key messages that overcome prospect barriers and communicate benefits.
- Take marketing & communications briefs, ideate concepts and independently deliver work with evidence of business outcome.
- 4+ years of relevant copywriting, experience (preferably with at least two years experience writing in the financial industry)
- Demonstrable experience of creating multi channel ad copy and digital content
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- SEO experience is desirable
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A strong marketing and growth acumen and appetite to help build a leading brand in a fast- paced, global-facing environment.
- A relentless focus on users and solving for their needs and wants, experience working with data & insights.
- Be persuasive in explaining your work, process, and decisions.
- Autonomy and excellent organisation and project management skills.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.