Business Analyst, Toronto
Business Analyst - Data Platform
The finance technology area is moving faster than ever before and we need a passionate and experienced Business Analyst to join our team. We are looking for an experienced, capable product leader with the knowhow to transform ambitious high-level business goals into an executable backlog. As the Business Analyst for the Data Platform your mission will be to empower teams across OANDA with good data. You will do this by unifying client touch points across all platforms and enabling the best product analytics, A/B testing, and data warehouse tools. We look for individuals who are strategic, thrive in a fast paced environment and possess a strong analytical aptitude to help solve complex business challenges.
What you’ll do
- Engage with teams across the organization to understand their evolving data needs and translate these into functional specifications and detailed test plans.
- Collaborate with the Data Engineering team to translate the plan into actionable and well-written epics and technical user stories with established acceptance criteria.
- Build, refine and maintain a product backlog while working closely with product management to define priorities.
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party solutions where applicable.
- Drive implementation and manage project timelines and deliverables.
- Document workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign-off on the specifications.
- Proactively work with the development team to identify risks, prioritize them, and create plans to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Drive collaboration with cross functional team resources in delivering work in a lean way that builds trust, ownership and accountability.
Who you are
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adept at eliminating obstacles and know when to escalate when projects are at risk.
- Demonstrable evidence of analyzing and documenting complex business processes.
- Comfortable working with complex data and defining data models and relationships.
- Strong analytical ability and proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions.
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in a financial institute as a Business Analyst.
- Systems design and trouble-shooting skills.
- Experience & skill with DB querying, data analysis, and data set summarization is a plus.
- Financial industry experience, specifically forex/CFD trading is a strong plus.
- Experience working with tick-level pricing data and analytics is a plus.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology, or related experience.
Who We Are
OANDA Corporation is an innovator in computer engineering and financial modeling that provides Internet-based forex trading and currency information services to everyone, from individuals to large corporations; portfolio managers to financial institutions. We are a market maker and a trusted source for currency data with one of the world's largest historical, high frequency, filtered currency databases. We move billions of dollars a day (10 times more money than Paypal!!) in a market with daily capitalization of $4 trillion, dwarfing both the US bond and equity markets!! We continue to experience tremendous growth since our start in 1996, providing unprecedented opportunities for our employees to redefine the forex market with new products we create.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.