Business Analyst, Toronto
We have come a long way since our first currency feed 25 years ago. We are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients - from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge. In 2001 we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
Who we are:
We are an international Product team consisting of product managers and business analysts, who work on a variety of Oanda customer services and business processes. The finance technology area is moving faster than ever before and we are looking for a passionate and experienced colleague to join us.
What you’ll do
- Collect project requirements from both internal teams / outsourcing partners and translate these into detailed functional specifications, concrete deliverables, user stories and test plans.
- Evaluate and document processes and workflows
- Document relationships with 3rd party partners ensuring commercials and services are clearly defined and understood.
- Provide insight into and implement optimizations to operational best-practices related to customer facing products and services, client revenue and performance, internal processes, and regulatory compliance
- Create and maintain system and user documentation
- Perform system and user acceptance testing
- Conducts training sessions, software demonstrations and launch activities as new features and processes are introduced
- Act as a bridge between our development and business teams.
- Build, refine and maintain product backlogs while working closely with product management to define priorities.
- Collaborate with cross functional team resources in delivering work in a lean way that builds trust, ownership and accountability.
Who you are
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Capable of making experiment-tested and data-validated conclusions
- Demonstrable evidence of analyzing and documenting complex business processes.
- Continuous improvement and change management mindset, questioning conventional wisdom and driving change to improve processes and client experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Solid experience working in a similar role
- Systems design and trouble-shooting skills.
- Working knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies and the proven ability to apply them effectively.
- Experience of integrating and working with 3rd party products and vendors
- Experience documenting and designing new processes and procedures in a dynamic environment.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology, or related experience.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.