Business Analyst, Kraków
The finance technology area is moving faster than ever before and we need a passionate and experienced Business Analyst to join our team. We are looking for an experienced, capable product leader with the know how to transform ambitious high-level business goals into an executable backlog. Acting as the liaison between the development team and Product Management, the Business Analyst will collaborate closely to ensure there is a clear understanding of what features are needed to build. We look for individuals who are strategic, thrive in a fast paced environment and possess a strong analytical aptitude to help solve complex business challenges.
What you’ll do
- Collect, understand and transmit the business and regulatory requirements for the project and translate these into functional specifications and detailed test plans.
- Act as a bridge between our development and business teams. You are the point person for the development team to provide clarification of business requirements and objectives throughout the development cycle, ensuring the developed solution meets business requirements.
- Act as the point person for the business to understand development timeframes, dependencies, and requirements, and ensure a flow of two-way communication is maintained.
- Document workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign-off on the specifications.
- Collaborate with an experienced development team to translate the plan into actionable and well-written epics and technical user stories with established acceptance criteria.
- Build, refine and maintain a product backlog while working closely with product management to define priorities.
- Proactively work with the development team to identify risks, prioritize them, and create plans to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Drive implementation and manage project timelines and deliverables. You are adept at eliminating obstacles and know when to escalate when projects are at risk.
- Drive collaboration with cross functional team resources in delivering work in a lean way that builds trust, ownership and accountability.
Who you are
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done.
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical ability and proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions.
- Demonstrable evidence of analyzing and documenting complex business processes.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology, or related experience.
- Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in a financial institute as a Business Analyst.
- Experience & skill with DB querying, data analysis, and data transformation.
- Systems design and trouble-shooting skills.
- Working knowledge of Scrum and Agile principles and the proven ability to apply them effectively.
- Financial industry experience, specifically forex/CFD trading, and familiarity with frontend, backend and middleware components of a trading system is a strong plus.