Business Analyst, Kraków
Who We Are
OANDA Corporation is an innovator in computer engineering and financial modeling that provides Internet-based forex trading and currency information services to everyone, from individuals to large corporations; portfolio managers to financial institutions. We are a market maker and a trusted source for currency data with one of the world's largest historical, high frequency, filtered currency databases. We move billions of dollars a day (10 times more money than Paypal!!) in a market with daily capitalization of $4 trillion, dwarfing both the US bond and equity markets!! We continue to experience tremendous growth since our start in 1996, providing unprecedented opportunities for our employees to redefine the forex market with new products we create.
The finance technology area is moving faster than ever before and we need a passionate and experienced Business Analyst to join our team.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced environment and possesses strong analytical skills to help solve complex business challenges.
What you’ll do
- Collect and understand project requirements from both internal teams / outsourcing partners and translate these into detailed functional specifications, concrete deliverables, user stories and test plans.
- Analyze and document processes and workflows
- Document relationships with 3rd party partners ensuring commercials and services are clearly defined and understood.
- Provide insight into and implement optimizations to operational best-practices related to customer facing products and services, client revenue and performance, internal processes, and regulatory compliance
- Act as a bridge between our development and business teams.
- Build, refine and maintain product backlogs while working closely with product management to define priorities.
- Drive collaboration with cross functional team resources in delivering work in a lean way that builds trust, ownership and accountability.
Who you are
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Excellent communicator
- Strong analytical ability and proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions.
- Demonstrable evidence of analyzing and documenting complex business processes.
- Continuous improvement and change management mindset, questioning conventional wisdom and driving change to improve processes and client experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in a financial institution as a Business or LEAN Process Analyst.
- Systems design and trouble-shooting skills.
- Working knowledge of Scrum and Agile principles and the proven ability to apply them effectively.
- Experience of integrating and working with 3rd party products and vendors
- Experience documenting and designing new processes and procedures in a dynamic environment.
- Financial industry experience, specifically forex/CFD trading, and familiarity with frontend, backend and middleware components of a trading system is a strong plus.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology, or related experience.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.