Assistant Financial Controller, Malta
OANDA is a global leader in online multi-asset trading services, currency data, corporate payments, and FX services.
Everyone at OANDA is focused on our vision to transform how our customers can meet all their currency needs. From our roots in 1996 that provided free currency exchange information to launching a multi-award-winning global FX and CFD trading business to our recent new venture of money transfer. OANDA is now a major global player.
Join us and:
- Work on an award-winning platform that processes billions of dollars every day.
- Boost up your career in FinTech industry, in company with 25+ years of market leadership.
- Give yourself a chance to work on independent position - assist in the direction and coordination of OANDA Europe’s financial & regulatory reporting, client money procedures, internal control processes and coordination of the annual financial and regulatory audits.
How we work?
Our global Finance & Accounting Department consists of 30 colleagues who work from Malta, Canada, Poland, Japan and Singapore.
As our Assistant Financial Controller you will be acting as a Global Controller's right-hand woman/man who works from Malta.
By the end of the first three months you will:
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory reporting (COREP, MIF returns, CMAR, etc.) for the FCA.
- Preparation of tax returns including VAT returns as well the annual corporate tax return with the assistance of corporate tax group.
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s ICARA, ILAAP, RRP, Pillar III, etc.
- Take part in the annual client money (CASS) audit.
- Monitor and analyse monthly operating results.
- Attend board and risk committee meetings; prepare ad hoc reports as and presentations for management on financial results and key performance metrics.
- Assist with budgeting/forecasting and track actual results to budget.
- Act as the liaison with auditors on financial audits and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinate excess cash management (in collaboration with the central treasury function), manage intercompany transactions, cross-border transfer agreements & FX transactions and coordinate the accounts payable function.
- 7-10 years of experience in an Accounting position.
- Accounting designation - ACA or ACCA.
- Comprehensive knowledge of UK GAAP, up-to-date knowledge of IFRS.
- Reasonable knowledge of local tax regulations.
- Big 4 audit experience will be a plus.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, regulations and related matters will be considered an asset.
- Mature, effective, good communication and interpersonal skills.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Learn more about our culture here
Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube