Accounting Specialist, Kraków
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Specialist is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as invoices, purchase orders, travel reimbursements, and any other accounting transactions related to Accounts Payable function. The Accounting Specialist will also carry out day-to-day purchasing activities such as processing of purchase orders and supporting the purchasing needs of the departments and business.
This position handles a high volume of transactions and requires the ability to set priorities, minimize errors and communicate effectively inside and outside the organization.
Please note that this position is based in Krakow, Poland
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help supervise the AP team
- Manage vendor invoices and payments and ensure all billings, documents and financial information are accurately recorded and properly authorized on a timely basis
- Receive, investigate and resolve internal and external inquiries concerning discrepancies/issues with processing of invoices, intercompany billing payments, expense reimbursements, etc.
- Review and follow-up on expense reports for accuracy and completeness
- Perform reconciliation, follow-up and posting of corporate credit cards
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining quotations and recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; review and obtain approval for requisitions
- Track status of purchase orders and work with suppliers to schedule/expedite deliveries, resolve discrepancies in shipment/pricing, warranty claims and damage, and return of materials; maintain vendor relationships
- Liaise with internal staff in relation to purchasing requirements and keep them informed on technical details, price, and availability
- Verify receipt of items and authorize payment for purchases by reconciling requisitions/orders with invoices and maintaining receiving documentation
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the AP shared inbox, taking action as required or escalating issues to other members of the team
- Keep information accessible by sorting and filing documents
- Assist in the production of annual budgets and forecasts
- Assist in the provision of information and liaison with external business associates, such as the auditors, regulators, tax agents and governmental authorities, etc.
- Assist as assigned, in preparing relevant management reporting, month-end and audit schedules, tax returns, financial statements or other reports
- Perform other ad-hoc duties/responsibilities and special projects as required to support Finance Department
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and tax reporting requirements, internal controls and accounting policies and procedures
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration or its professional equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of working experience in accounts payable and purchasing field
- Familiarity with multi-currency and multi-company environment
- Knowledge of accounting systems; demonstrated expertise in Agresso preferred
- Technical proficiency in MS Office Applications, specifically in Excel spreadsheet development and manipulation to maximize efficiency in reporting
- Mature, effective, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; strong ability to communicate in both Polish and English is required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving; attention to detail and client focus
- Ability to perform computations with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- High level of integrity, self-motivation and initiative
- Independent, highly organized and ability to prioritize a workload
- Responsible team player, positive work attitude
- Willingness to be flexible according to current demands of the team and organization