Accounting Manager, Singapore
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the accounting operations of multiple legal entities, the production of financial and regulatory reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department across multiple legal entities, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Manage the team of financial accountants including the accounts payable and receivable functions. In total this role has four direct reports.
- Project management for the completion of system implementation/improvements and collaboration with other departments to deliver new products, lines of business, processes and system changes.
- Management of the accounts payable function to ensure bills are processed and paid timely.
- Management of the accounts receivable function to ensure clients are invoiced and receivables are collected.
- Oversee the daily bank reconciliation process.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Assist in the development and oversight of controls over accounting transactions.
- Oversee and review month end accounting entries.
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements.
- Review and provide guidance on monthly regulatory reports.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the annual report.
- Calculate and report financial and operating metrics to management.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Review variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual
- financial and regulatory audits of both regulated entities within Asia Pacific
- Lead point of contact for regulators and auditors to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory or audit rules/requirements and planning and management of audit examinations.
- Comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings in Asia Pacific
- Research and implement new accounting policies and procedures related to GAAP and IFRS.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent
- Business experience and 7+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred