Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, the Financial Accountant is responsible for the accounting operations of one or more legal entities. This includes the maintenance of accounting records and internal control processes, production of monthly financial and regulatory reporting, and coordination of the annual financial and regulatory audits. This role also ensures company accounting policies and procedures conform to financial and regulatory reporting requirements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and month-end close processes in collaboration with team members locally and abroad.
- Manage the preparation and/or supervision of daily bank reconciliations.
- Coordinate with the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions to ensure prompt payment and collection. Assist on accounts payable general ledger bookings when needed.
- Manage inter-company transactions and foreign exchange transactions.
- Assist in the projection and management of cash flows and regulatory capital requirements.
- Perform other duties or projects as required to support the needs and goals of the finance team and organization.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation focused on finance related and corresponding business processes and systems.
- Prepare monthly regulatory reports that meet local rules and regulations.
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with applicable accounting standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Analyze and report monthly financial and operating results to management.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Analyze variances from the budget/forecasts and report significant issues to management.
- Coordinate the provision of information and liaison with external auditors and regulators for the annual audits.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures in carrying out business and accounting activities.
- Assist in the preparation and compliance with government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Research, document and implement new or changes to accounting standards and regulatory requirements and assess impact on business and accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform financial and business analysis and provide recommendations for process and procedural improvements.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Diploma or university degree in accounting, finance or a related field. Accounting designation or working towards obtaining accounting designation preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in at a financial accountant level or finance position an asset.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and implementation of accounting standards and ability to stay abreast of changes.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, regulations (IIROC and/or NFA) and related matters preferred.
- Technical proficiency in MS Office Applications, specifically in Excel. Familiarity with Agresso or other ERP systems an asset.
- Mature, effective, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- A critical thinker with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to detail and client focus.
- Highly independent and organized individual with proven ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Ability to cultivate meaningful relationships and work effectively with cross-functional teams while remaining decisive and displaying sound judgment.
- Responsible team player with a positive attitude and willingness to accommodate to time zones and current demands of the team and organization.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible