Founded in 1996, OANDA became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge. In 2001 we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. We now offer several tools as part of our OANDA Labs product viewed millions of times per month by traders across the globe in search of opportunities in the financial markets.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant / Accounting Manager, the Accountant is primarily responsible for assisting with maintaining accurate accounting records and preparing timely financial reporting information for one or more legal entities in collaboration with team members locally and abroad. You will also be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as invoices, purchase orders, travel reimbursements, and any other accounting transactions related to Accounts Payable function.
Please note that this position is based in Krakow, Poland
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage vendor invoices and payments and ensure all billings, documents and financial information are accurately recorded and properly authorised on a timely basis
- Review and follow-up on employee expense reports for accuracy and completeness
- Perform reconciliation, follow-up and posting of corporate credit cards
- Receive, investigate and resolve internal and external inquiries concerning discrepancies/issues with processing of invoices, intercompany billing payments, expense reimbursements, etc.
- Prepare sales invoices and assist with reconciling intercompany transactions
Accounting operations and financial reporting
- Assist as assigned with month-end journals which include accruals, prepayments and depreciation
- Prepare assigned balance sheet reconciliations and maintain fixed assets
- Assist with preparing relevant monthly management reporting including variance analysis and commentary
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets and forecasts
- Assist in the provision of information and liaison with external business associates, such as the third-party administrators, auditors, regulators, tax agents and governmental authorities, etc.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties/responsibilities and special projects as required to support Finance Department
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in accounting, finance or a related field, accounting designation an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in an AP and/or accounting environment
- Familiarity with multi-currency and multi-company environment
- Knowledge of accounting systems; demonstrated expertise in Agresso an asset
- Technical proficiency in excel
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; strong ability to communicate in both Polish and English is required
- Proactive and self starter with high level of self- motivation and integrity
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, attention to detail and multi tasking skills
- Independent and highly organized individual with proven ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Responsible client focused team player with positive work attitude
- Willingness to be flexible according to current demands of the team and organization
- Ability to work without local supervision, within an International remote team
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.