Live Exchange Rates - USD/SGD
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
USD/SGD at a Glance
U.S. Dollar (Currency code: USD)
- Central bank: The Federal Reserve System (also known as the Federal Reserve, or the Fed)
- The USD (also called the greenback or buck) is the de facto global currency. Most commodities (including gold and oil) are priced in USD.
- The U.S.A. has by far the largest economy in the world.
- America faces challenges from developing economies, and has consistently large trade deficits with other nations.
Singapore Dollar (Currency code: SGD)
- Central bank: The Monetary Authority of Singapore
- The Singapore dollar (also called Sing) is used by one of the world’s most prosperous countries.
- Singapore has a highly developed free-market economy characterized by stable prices and an open environment free of corruption.
- The economy is driven by exports, particularly in consumer electronics, IT products, pharmaceuticals and other chemicals.
- A growing financial services sector has positioned Singapore as the Southeast Asia’s financial hub.