Live Exchange Rates - USD/HUF
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
USD/HUF at a Glance
U.S. Dollar (Currency code: USD)
- Central bank: The Federal Reserve System (also known as the Federal Reserve, or the Fed)
- The USD (also called the greenback or buck) is the de facto global currency. Most commodities (including gold and oil) are priced in USD.
- The U.S.A. has by far the largest economy in the world.
- America faces challenges from developing economies, and has consistently large trade deficits with other nations.
Hungarian Forint (Currency code: HUF)
- Central bank: Hungarian National Bank
- The modern forint was introduced in 1946.
- The currency became fully convertible in 2001 after the high inflation of the 1990s when Hungary transitioned to a market economy.
- In late 2008, Hungary needed financial assistance to service its large public debt. As one consequence, Hungary has delayed adopting the euro until 2020.
- Over 60% of Hungary’s exports are related to machinery and equipment.