Live Exchange Rates - USD/CZK
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
USD/CZK at a Glance
U.S. Dollar (Currency code: USD)
- Central bank: The Federal Reserve System (also known as the Federal Reserve, or the Fed)
- The USD (also called the greenback or buck) is the de facto global currency. Most commodities (including gold and oil) are priced in USD.
- The U.S.A. has by far the largest economy in the world.
- America faces challenges from developing economies, and has consistently large trade deficits with other nations.
Czech Koruna (Currency code: CZK)
- Central bank: Czech National Bank
- The Czech koruna and Slovak koruna replaced the Czechoslovak koruna in 1993, when the Czechoslovak federation dissolved.
- In 2007, The Czech government suspended a plan to adopt the euro in 2012.
- The Czech Republic has a stable market economy with laws and regulations harmonized to the EU.
- Major exports are machinery, transport equipment, raw materials, fuel, and chemicals. Over 30% of Czech exports go to Germany.