Live Exchange Rates - USD/CNH
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
USD/CNH at a Glance
U.S. Dollar (Currency code: USD)
- Central bank: The Federal Reserve System (also known as the Federal Reserve, or the Fed)
- The USD (also called the greenback or buck) is the de facto global currency. Most commodities (including gold and oil) are priced in USD.
- The U.S.A. has by far the largest economy in the world.
- America faces challenges from developing economies, and has consistently large trade deficits with other nations.
Chinese Yuan Renminbi (Currency code: CNH)
- Central bank: People's Bank of China
- “Yuan” means "round coin,” and is the base currency unit. “Renminbi” is the name of the currency. A similar phrase to “yuan renminbi” would be “pound sterling.”
- China is the world’s number 1 exporting country. Its large trade surplus with other nations peaked in 2008.
- China has recently allowed greater flexibility and more convertibility for the yuan to appreciate against the U.S. dollar.