Live Exchange Rates - EUR/SEK
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
EUR/SEK at a Glance
Euro (Currency code: EUR)
- Central bank: The European Central Bank
- The euro (sometimes called “fibre”) is used by over 320 million Europeans and 17 nations in the eurozone (euro area).
- Over 175 million people use currencies pegged to the euro, such as the Danish krona (DKK) and West African CFA franc (XOF).
- Eurozone economies vary widely. Germany is the largest economy, and a leading world exporter. Other economies (Ireland, Greece) endure sovereign debt and severe government austerity measures.
Swedish Krona (Currency code: SEK)
- Central bank: Sveriges Riksbank (Swedish National Bank).
- The Swedish krona (meaning “crown”) is a floating currency.
- Sweden is required to adopt the euro at some point, but has not met preconditions to join ERM II and peg the krona to the euro. Swedes rejected adopting the euro in a 2003 referendum.
- Sweden has a modern, high-tech market economy. Exports include machinery (35%), motor vehicles, paper products, pulp and wood, iron and steel, chemicals.