Live Exchange Rates - EUR/NOK
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
EUR/NOK at a Glance
Euro (Currency code: EUR)
- Central bank: The European Central Bank
- The euro (sometimes called “fibre”) is used by over 320 million Europeans and 17 nations in the eurozone (euro area).
- Over 175 million people use currencies pegged to the euro, such as the Danish krona (DKK) and West African CFA franc (XOF).
- Eurozone economies vary widely. Germany is the largest economy, and a leading world exporter. Other economies (Ireland, Greece) endure sovereign debt and severe government austerity measures.
Norwegian Krone (Currency code: NOK)
- Central bank: Norges Bank (Central Bank of Norway)
- The krone has a floating exchange rate (not fixed).
- Norway has one of the highest standards of living in Europe, with a low unemployment rate.
- Norway is rich with natural resources: petroleum, hydroelectric power, fish, forests, and minerals.
- Because of Norway’s heavy exposure to the petroleum sector, the currency tends to be influenced by the price of oil.