Live Exchange Rates - EUR/DKK
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
EUR/DKK at a Glance
Euro (Currency code: EUR)
- Central bank: The European Central Bank
- The euro (sometimes called “fibre”) is used by over 320 million Europeans and 17 nations in the eurozone (euro area).
- Over 175 million people use currencies pegged to the euro, such as the Danish krona (DKK) and West African CFA franc (XOF).
- Eurozone economies vary widely. Germany is the largest economy, and a leading world exporter. Other economies (Ireland, Greece) endure sovereign debt and severe government austerity measures.
Danish Krone (Currency code: DKK)
- Central bank: Danmarks Nationalbank
- The Danish krone (meaning “crown”) is pegged to the euro.
- Denmark preserves its currency through a special "opt-out" provision from the Maastricht Treaty. Danes rejected adopting the euro in referendums in 1993 and 2000.
- Denmark has a thoroughly modern market economy. Its world-leading firms employ state-of-the-art high-tech in varied industries.
- Exports include machinery and instruments, meat and dairy products, fish, pharmaceuticals, furniture, windmills.
- The krone is also used in Greenland and Faroe Islands.