Help for fxConverter Classic
Access more features! Use the new Currency Converter.
How to convert currencies using fxConverter Classic
Follow these steps to convert currencies using OANDA's original fxConverter Classic:
- Choose the currency or precious metal you want to convert from in the left scrolling list. Click the scrolling arrows to see more currency selections.
- Choose the currency or precious metal you want to convert to in the right scrolling list. Click the scrolling arrows to see more currency selections.
- If you want to change the amount of the currency to convert from, click the text box next to "Convert Amount" and type the amount of the currency you want to convert. The default is "1."
- Click the "Convert Now!" button. You will see the results on a separate page.
See the topics below to find out how to:
- change the date for the exchange rate. We offer exchange rates all the way back to January 1, 1990.
- choose another date format
- make another conversion with the same currencies
- make another conversion with different currencies
Having trouble? See below for Help specific to the new Currency Converter.
Additional fxConverter Classic Features
- Click the "with amount" text box below the "New Conversion" button.
- Type the amount of the currency you want to convert from.
- Click the "New Conversion" button or press "Return."
Click the "New Conversion" button after the results of the conversion are shown. The currencies you selected for the last conversion are shown at the top of the scrolling lists, and the amount of currency you want to convert is set to "1."
Why can't I find the currency I'm looking for?
There may be several reasons why you cannot find a particular currency in the list of currencies.
- Reliable data for the currency is simply not yet available from financial institutions.
- The name of the currency you are looking for does not match the name listed in the Currency Converter scrolling lists. For example, you may be looking for the "Peso" for Mexico when this currency is listed as the "Mexican Peso." Please be sure to look for the name of the country first.
Why can't I convert currencies?
Usually this problem occurs when you have skipped a step in the instructions for using the Currency Converter. Be sure to highlight the currencies you want to convert from and to in the currency lists. Click the scrolling arrows to display further portions of the lists. Be sure you click the "Convert Now!" button.
Why did I get exchange rate information for a date that is different than the date I requested?
Data for some currencies is not available on a day-to-day basis, particularly for some currencies of emerging markets. When the Currency Converter does not have data for the date you request, it will automatically give you information for the latest available date.
See also:Currency Converter Help